Thursday, December 3, 2009

So What About That Guy?

I've seriously been deeply concerned about the American man whom Changez speaks with--or rather, I'm concerned about why he's putting up with all this. I'm not concerned about the length of the monologue--I can pretend that it only lasts for a few hours instead of half a day or more. But I don't understand why:

1) If Changez isn't setting him up, why in the world does he strike up a conversation with this guy? Also, why does this man sit and listen? Yeah, it's an engaging story, but he's clearly uncomfortable and it's getting late.

2) If Changez is setting him up, fine. I get that. But like I said--the guy's uncomfortable and appears to really have a gun, regardless, so you'd think he'd be a bit more cautious, especially when people start filing out of the restaurant and the street starts to empty. If he has a gun and this macho bearing and worldly know-how, he should know to leave sooner.

I don't know. That part of the premise really bothered me, but I think I'm the only one who's bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment